Skip to main content
How to migrate Gmail and Google Drive files to a personal email address.
- Go to google.com/transfer.
- Sign in with school account
- Enter the email address where your files will be copied and saved to.
- Click “Send Code” and a code will be sent to your personal account.
*NOTE: This code is only active for 24 hours.
- Go to your personal email & copy the verification code to paste into the Takeout Menu.
- Paste the code into the tab with google transfer open.
- Choose to copy either Gmail, google drive, or both. Click “Start Transfer” to initiate.
*This process starts automatically but takes time. You can close the tab
- A folder will be created in Google Drive and Gmail with the same name as the transferred email.