- Navigate to https://takeout.google.com/ from the account you wish to export data
- Choose the Google services you wish to include.
- Choose the File Type and destination. *Frequency is only for periodic exports.
- Click “Create Export” and the .zip file(s) will be sent to your email within 24 hours.
- Depending on the amount of content you are exporting, this may arrive in one or multiple .zip files.
- To view files with the mbox file extension a separate program will need to be installed. Some data can be imported back into google products.
What Will be Transferred
- Files in Folders in Google Drive that are OWNED by you
- Shared files that have been “Added to Drive” will be copied but the new file will NOT shared with collaborators
What will NOT Transfer
- Images stored under “Google Photos”
- “Shared with Me” Files that have NOT been “Added to Drive”
- Google Sites, Google Forms & MyMaps or other third-party content in Drive
- All copied messages will be labeled with your school account name and the date you started the copy process.
- Contacts and tasks will NOT transfer
- All content will be copied into a folder labeled with your school account name and the date you initiated the copy process.
- You will become the owner of ALL the copied files. This does NOT change ownership of the original files in your school account that may be shared)
- Comments are copied but revision history is not
- Permission on copied files will be set to “private”, but you can change the sharing settings if you choose.
- All of your school content will remain in your Google Drive so this process can be used to backup Google Drive anytime.
- Not all shared files copy over – only those that you have “Added to Drive”
- Content that will NOT copy over: Google Sites, Google Forms, MyMaps & images stored in Google Photos or other third-party content in Drive
Visit here for more information.