Duo’s self-enrollment makes it easy to register your phone and install the Duo Mobile application on a smartphone or tablet.
Enroll in 2-factor authentication (Duo) using TrueYou Identity Management.
- Open an internet browser and go to TrueYou at https://trueyou.nebraska.edu.
- Click the Login button .
- Click on the TrueYou Identity Manager button .
- Log in with your NUID and password.
- In the window click Start Setup to begin enrolling your device.
- Select the type of device you would like to enroll.
It is recommended to use a smartphone for the best experience, but you can also enroll a landline telephone or iOS/Android tablet
- Click Continue
- Select your country from the drop-down list and type your phone number. Use the number of your smartphone, landline, or cell phone that you will have with you when you are logging into a Duo-protected service.
Note: If you are enrolling a tablet, you will not be prompted to enter a phone number.
Double check that the correct information has been entered. Check the box “this is the correct number”
- Choose your device's operating system and click Continue.
- Install Duo Mobile an app that runs on your smartphone and helps you authenticate quickly and easily. Without it you'll still be able to log in using a phone call or text message, but for the best experience we recommend that you use Duo Mobile.
- Follow the platform-specific instructions on the screen to install Duo Mobile. After installing our app return to the enrollment window and click I have Duo Mobile installed .
- Activate the Duo Mobile app. Activating the app will link it to your account so you can use it for authentication
- On iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone activate Duo Mobile by scanning the barcode with the app's built-in barcode scanner. Follow the platform specific instructions for your device:
- The "Continue" button is clickable after you scan the barcode successfully.
- To configure automatic device options, click Add another device to start the enrollment process again to add a second phone or device.
- It is recommended that you register at least two devices, for example, both your smartphone and your office phone. If your smartphone is unavailable, you will still be able to access protected systems using your secondary device.
- Change device name – Click Device Options to give your device a more descriptive name
- Delete a device – Click Device Options and click beside the device you wish to delete.
- Click Continue to Login to proceed to the authentication prompt. Your device is ready to approve Duo authentication requests.
- Click Send Me a Push to give it a try.
- On your mobile device, you should receive a notification that you have a Login Request. All you need to do is tap “Approve” and you should now be logged into your application
For additional information click here.