1. Find the model number of the printer and know which MacOS you are using.
2. Go to https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/drivers-downloads and enter the model number from above.
- Make sure you are on the Drivers tab of Drivers and Downloads.
- Make sure it has detected your correct operating system or select the appropriate one that you have.
- Select the most current UFRIIXXXX driver listed.
- Download and install.
3. Open System Preference and select Printers & Scanners.
4. Delete the old printer - skip if you do not have a printer listed.
5. Click + (plus sign) to add printer.
- At the top of the Add Printer select the middle icon (Globe). Depends on OS version it might say IP under it.
- Address: papercut.peru.edu
- Protocol: Line Printer Daemon - LPD
- Queue: the share name of the printer.
- Name: Provide a name for the printer.
- Use: drop down to Select Software.
- In the new window (Printer Software) select the print driver.
- Click Add
For Find_me print set up the printer like above except choosing to find_me print queue. Choose the print driver of the copier that you will print to most often. This method uses a specific print driver and could have drawbacks on features and capabilities if printing in on a different printer than the one setup.
**Finding the queue name. When adding a printer under the Default tab will list printers on the network. The queue name is the friendly name after PAPERCUT-. For example The copier on 3rd floor Hoyt queue name is Copier_Hoyt_3rd_floor.